Sunday 5 April 2015

Rocky Road Recipe


HAPPY EASTER! 

This is definitely the 2nd best day of the year joint to Christmas and my birthday. Chocolate galoreeeee!!! Chocolate for breakfast… chocolate for lunch… chocolate for dinner… chocolate for the rest of the week! (Or until you run out) A part of me still wishes I believed in the Easter bunny just so I could venture around the garden on an Easter egg hunt, though I guess that now I don’t actually have to get off my lazy bum and have to go look for chocolate it’s just handed over. Every year I say I’d prefer something else instead of the chocolate (calories why oh why) but who am I kidding, who says no to that much chocolate when it’s redeemed acceptable to eat it all in a short amount of time!

On the talk of chocolate, that is exactly what is in this week’s recipe. A pretty simple and easy recipe this week, any of you that say you 'can't' bake I’d like you to have a go at this! Easy peasy lemon squeezy... 

Rocky Road 
Drooooool, the crunch… the fudgy-ness… the sweetness… the omgiloverockyroadness. 



I absolutely love Rocky road and I hope you do too, if you don’t I’d like to try and convert you. My first memory of having Rocky road was in Starbucks with two of my best friends, I think we were around 13… and we managed to scrape together enough money from what we had left (after splurging in Primani) to buy a piece of rocky road to split between us. Oh my god, it was good! Starbucks do a pretty darn good rocky road and I can add M&S to that list too… a bit pricey for a small piece of heaven but so worth it. So rocky road lovers (and potential lovers) here is a simple, easy, quick recipe!



Instagram - fashionablebake



Ingredients

  • 100g Milk chocolate
  • 200g Plain chocolate
  • 150g Unsalted butter
  • 3Tbsp Golden Syrup
  • 200g Digestive biscuits
  • 100g Mini marshmallows
  • 100g Glacé cherries
  • 100g Sultanas
  • Icing sugar for dusting



Method

  1. Line and/greaseproof a baking tray (size depends on how thick you want your rocky road)
  2. The digestive biscuits need to be broken into small pieces, this can be done by either breaking them up by hand into the desired sized pieces or placed in a freezer bag and bashing with a rolling pin.
  3. When the digestives have been broken, add to a large bowl alongside the marshmallows, cherries and sultanas.
  4. In a pan add together the butter, chocolate and golden syrup. Melt over a low to medium heat, stirring often until melted. Once the mixture has melted, remove pan from the heat.
  5. Pour the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until all combined.
  6. Empty the mixture into your baking tray ensuring the mix is evenly spread and into all the corners.
  7. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
  8. Once the Rocky road has set, dust with a little icing sugar and cut into desired sized pieces.


I hope you have a lovely, happy and chocolatey filled Easter!


Instagram - fashionablebake





No comments:

Post a Comment