The lyrics for the crumble song go a little like... 'everybody's good at cooking something, and I'm good at cooking crumble' so you can sing that to yourself and you too will be good at cooking crumble... so get cooking!
Instagram - fashionablebake
I also added some jumbo oats into the crumble topping to give it some extra crunch and just because I like oats. I apologise for the very poor quality photos, I promise next week I will up my game!
So for a simple, easy and very affordable pud, here is the how to
- 500g Rhubarb
- 100g Golden caster sugar
- 120g Self-raising flour
- 40g Jumbo oats (optional, or any oats)
- 50g Light brown soft sugar
- 70g Butter
- Wash and cut the rhubarb into small lengths and add to a pan with the sugar.
- On a low heat stir until the sugar has melted.
- Place a lid on the pan and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until the rhubarb has softened but still holding its shape.
- Pour the rhubarb into a medium sized baking dish.
- Preheat fan oven to 180 Degrees C.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour and butter and rub together until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Mix in the sugar and oats.
- Place on top of the rhubarb and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice or custard, cream or ice cream! (Or on its own)