Hello again! I hope you enjoyed last weekend’s post of a healthier bake. It seemed to get a lot of appreciation on my social media channels. I do think I will be baking some healthier treats as I am into my fitness and healthy eating… but of course I do like to indulge in something that is not so healthy. So this week, I have taken an idea from when I have made these bad boy’s before but have created my own recipe for…
If you bake these, don’t tell your friends what is in them and then you can call them ‘Oreo surprise cupcakes’ but as I’m giving you the how to then they won’t be much of a surprise to you!
These Oreo cupcakes are the perfect treat for any Oreo lover, even my flatmate who was never an Oreo fan has been converted!
Let’s take a little look…
A whole Oreo in the bottom, yes that’s right! Why not ey!? These are far from healthy, but oh my, they are yummy (if I do say so myself!) They are so simple to make, yet look pretty darn good!
So let’s break this cupcake down… We have a whole Oreo at the bottom, a tasty chocolate, moist sponge covered with Oreo biscuit butter icing and finished with half an Oreo. Can’t get much ‘Oreo’d’ than that! So if you fancy making these then here is the how to!
Don’t forget to share your own bakes on Instagram and tag @fashionablebake!
Instagram - fashionablebake
Cupcakes (makes 12)
- 125g Unsalted butter (room temp)
- 125g Caster sugar
- 2 Medium eggs
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 100g Plain flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 12 Oreos
- 150g Unsalted butter (room temp)
- 300g Icing sugar
- Approx 100g of Oreo biscuits
- 6 Oreo's halved for the top
- Preheat a fan assisted oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases and in the bottom of each case, place an oreo.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. A little at a time, whisk the eggs and milk in followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl weigh out the flour, cocoa and sieve into the wet mixture along with the baking powder and salt. Fold until all the mixture is combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, the mixture should fill the cases to about ¾ the way up.
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf for 15-18 minutes, when cooked a cake tester should come out clean and the cupcakes should spring back when pressed.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- For the icing, separate Oreos taking out the filling with a knife, you will need approximately 100g of Oreo biscuit
- Place the biscuits in a bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs (or you may use a food processor if you prefer) when you have your crushed Oreos, mix in to the butter and icing sugar.
- Pipe or spread your icing onto each cupcakes. Finish each cupcake with half an Oreo on the top (optional).
Instagram - fashionablebake
Post a Comment